Company Switch Highlights
- Electric power distribution center for theatre, convention centers, arenas, schools, churches, and events centers
- Series 16 Cam or SafeCam® receptacles
- Dual Neutral (200%)
- Main breaker rated 65K AIC
- Multiple Branch breakers rated 65K AIC
- Multiple Connection chambers for bare-end cables. Doors are electrically interlocked with breaker shunt trip
Multiple Breaker Company Switch with Main Breaker, Receptacles and Connection Chamber. This Company Switch contains two or more branch breakers in a single enclosure. This provides a disconnecting means for multiple sets of outlets, each with its own branch breaker protecting the outlets. Installation is simpler and less expensive than traditional switches It requires only a a single conduit run, and one enclosure to mount on the wall. Installation is thereby more cost-effective than the traditional cost of installing two separate company switches with separate conduit runs.
This version of a multi-breaker company switch contains a Main breaker as well as Branch breakers. The addition of a Main breaker affords several advantages to versions with just a main bus. The first advantage is reduction of the size/expense of upstream panelboards. The ability to exert “local” control of the entire Company Switch through the use of the Main breaker is another advantage
The standard version contains either Series 16 Cam receptacles or SafeCam® receptacles that are color coded, mounted on an internal dead front receptacle panel and provided with snap back protective covers. The series 16 Cam devices are designed to provide superior service and durability, even under the most severe operating conditions. The SafeCam® receptacles, which also accept Series 16 Cam plugs, provide an added level of safety. They are interlocked with the branch break shunt trip and cause the breaker to trip unless there is a plug in each outlet. There can never be a “hot” exposed outlet
A connection chamber associated with each branch breaker is provided for safe, direct connection of bare-ended portable cables. The access doors to the connection chambers are electrically interlocked with the associated branch breaker shunt trip. Opening a connection chamber door will activate the shunt trip and open the breaker. Positive strain reliefs for these cables are also provided in the chambers. The company switch is perfect for electric power distribution in theatres, convention centers, arenas, schools, churches, and events centers.
Company Switch Main Enclosure:
- TYPE 1
- Steel, black wrinkled powder-coat finish
- Wall mounting brackets
- Hinged access door to connection chamber, with lockable handle
- Electrical interlock on door shall activate shunt trip in breaker when door is opened
- contact factory for more information
- Multiple sets of panel mount receptacles.
- Multiple sets of dual rated mechanical lugs on copper bus accessible in connection chambers.
- LED Indicator lights to indicate presence of phase voltage.
- Laser engraved cam identifiers and panel rating.
- Cable connection warning label per NEC Art 520.
- 100A. to 800A.
- Single or Three Phase
- Main breaker
- Multiple Branch breakers
- UL489, 65K AIC @ 240V.
- UL Listed